50% faster turbine blade inspection
Checking critical dimensions of complex, high-volume parts can be difficult and time consuming, particularly when it's necessary to conduct checks on 100% of parts manufactured.
At Europea Microfusioni Aerospaziali – a turbine blade manufacturing company based in Morra De Sanctis near Avellino, Italy, these checks are now performed using Renishaw's PH20 5-axis probe head. Compared to using a 3-axis system, cycle times have been reduced by up to 50%.
- Case study: 50% faster turbine blade inspection [399kB]
- Case study: 50% faster turbine blade inspection [103kB]
- AEREO - EMA’s multivanes [1.7MB]
- EMA’s metrology room [4.2MB]
- PH20 inspecting AEREO - EMA’s multivanes [3.7MB]
- Maurizio Rullo using Equator [3.6MB]
- Vittorio Caggiano, Marco Iannuzzi and Maurizio Rullo in EMA’s metrology room [4.4MB]
For further images, videos, company biographies or information on Renishaw and its products, visit our Media Hub.